Heritage Branch, Province of New Brunswick

Heritage

Home | Franšais


Search Results:

Provincial Historic Sites
6 records found for victoria

Former St. James United Church (Alma Jane Porter Commemoration)
Perth-Andover, Victoria County

Constructed in 1911;
Designated Historic in 1991

The site was chosen to commemorate Alma Jane Porter on the 80th anniversary of her founding of the First Women's Institute of New Brunswick, June 12, 1911
 

Calvin Church/Shaarei Zedek Synagogue; Saint John Jewish Community Centre
Saint John, St. John County

Constructed in c.1880;
Designated Historic in 1994

The former Calvin Church is a good example of the High Victorian Gothic style as designed by noted Saint John architect David E. Dunham. Together with the house at 29 Wellingon Row, this site illustrates the important contribution of Jewish history to the New Brunswick story.

Related Link : Saint John Jewish Historical Museum

 
More Images

Burpee-Bridges House
Sheffield, Sunbury County

Constructed from c.1820 to c. 1880;
Designated Protected in 1995

Constructed in three stages between the 1820's and 1880's, this house is an excellent illustration of Georgian and Victorian styles, and is a testament to the lives of two prominent families in the Maugerville-Sheffield area.
 

Victoria Manor
Riverside Albert, Albert County

Constructed in c.1880;
Designated Historic in 1997

The Hon. Abner Reid McClelan (1830-1917) spent his later years in this c. 1880 Queen Anne Revival home. Highly regarded in business and political life, he was a benefactor of the community.

 
More Images

Old Victoria County Registry Office
Perth-Andover, Victoria County

Constructed in 1902;
Designated Protected in 1999

In 1902, George Barclay, Sr. and local stonemasons constructed this building of sandstone blocks from nearby Red Rapids. For close to a century, it served as the county registry office and housed the area's first bank, the Peoples Bank of Halifax, from 1902 to 1905.

 
More Images

Victoria County Court House
Perth-Andover, Victoria County

Constructed in 1878;
Designated Historic in 1999

This Second Empire style building with its mansard roof and central projecting tower was constructed in 1878. It was the jail, the site of County Council meetings, court sessions, and public hangings.
 
More Images

View First Result



Department of Wellness, Culture and Sport
E-Mail | Contacts | Disclaimer | Privacy Statement