All public libraries and administrative offices will be closed on Friday April 7, 2023. Talking Books Service by Mail will also be suspended.
100 Fountain Head Lane
Tel: 506 623-2450
Fax: 506 623-2335
I would like to receive library news via email.
Tuesday: 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Library Director - Kelsey Pettis
There are approximately 50 parking spaces. One of them is a reserved accessible space and is located in front of the library. These parking spaces are not metered.
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
We can help you with research for a special project, language learning and more. Get started by asking us a question, or by checking out our online tools.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
- Relax by our large windows and enjoy the spectacular views of the Miramichi River and surrounding area.
Our Special Collections include:
- A reference archival collection, including Canadiana
- A collection of the Miramichi Historical Society
- Books that belonged to Sir Max Aitken, Lord Beaverbrook and members of his family
- Antique maps and genealogical material
- In 1953, Lord Beaverbrook donated his boyhood home to the community to house a library. The Old Manse Library operated at this first location until 1992.
- We joined the York Library Region in 1989.
- Our new library building opened in 1992, adjacent to the Miramichi River.
Our Accessible Entrances:
- There are two accessible entrances with automatic door accessible push plates.
Other public libraries in the City of Miramichi:
For information on other public libraries in the City of Miramichi, please click on the link to the Chatham Public Library or Carrefour Beausoleil Library.
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) and to Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities or associations of persons. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.