Monday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Activities and events
There are no listed activities or events for the Fredericton Public Library – Nashwaaksis. Contact us for more information.
Library Director - Candace Hare
Large free parking area
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
There’s more to a library than books! We have activities for everyone. Use our public computers to surf the net, catch up on the news, write your resume, or tap into our online Databases and our Recommended Websites. The virtual branch of the New Brunswick Public Library Service, Electronic Library New Brunswick, is available 24 hours a day for eBook and audiobook downloads. Wi-Fi access is available during and after school hours! If you are not a student, and would like access to Wi-Fi service during school hours, please speak with a staff member to obtain a password.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
- We opened our doors to all members of the community in 1977.
Our Special Collections include:
- The Sun Life Financial Musical Instrument Lending Library is the first of its kind in New Brunswick, and also the first in Atlantic Canada. With generous support from Sun Life Financial through their Making the Arts More Accessible™ program, Fredericton Public Library - Nashwaaksis is offering a collection of musical instruments. Guitars, ukuleles, violins, and keyboards are just a few of the types of instruments that can be borrowed for free with a New Brunswick Public Libraries card.
Other public libraries in the City of Fredericton:
For information on other public libraries in the City of Fredericton, please click on the link to the Fredericton Public Library, the Dre. Marguerite Michaud Library or the New Brunswick Library of Craft and Design
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) and to Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities or associations of persons. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.