1, Market Sq.
Saint John, N.B.
Tel: 506 643-7236
Fax: 506 643-7225
I would like to receive library news via email.
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Library Director - Laura Corscadden
Regional Resource Librarian - Keith MacKinnon
Head of Young Adult and Adult Services - Lindsay Warner
Head of Children’s Services - Heather McKend
Circulation Supervisor - Mark Goodfellow
Parking is available on the street and in the underground parking garage.
Free parking is not available during the week. Please note that parking is free on Saturday on the street and in public parking lots.
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
We can help you with research for a special project, language learning and more. Get started by asking us a question, or by checking out our online tools.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
- Located on the second and third floors in the Market Square complex, our library offers fantastic views of the Saint John Harbour, as well as paintings, sculptures and wall hangings featuring well-known Saint John and New Brunswick artists.
- We have gender-neutral washrooms.
Our Special Collections:
- The Special Collections Room is an authentic re-creation of a 19th century Victorian salon. The focus of the collections is on New Brunswickana, Canadiana, and local history materials.
- An extensive collection of southern New Brunswick newspapers is available on microfilm.
- The Saint John Free Public Library, one of the oldest public libraries in Canada, was founded in 1883.
Our Accessible Entrances:
- The main entrance has automatic door accessible push plates. There are various entrances to the Market Square Complex that are at ground level or have ramps.
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) and to Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units