Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Activities and events
There are no listed activities or events for the Mgr. W.J. Conway Public Library. Contact us for more information.
Library Director - Marc Cool
Head of Reference Services - Sarah Dereumetz
Head of Young Adult and Adult Services - Tanya Eindiguer
Acting Head of Children’s Services - Marc Cool
Circulation Supervisor - Louis Roy
Acting Circulation Supervisor - Nadine Beaulieu
Approximately 45 spaces
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
There’s more to a library than books! We have activities for everyone. Use our public computers to surf the net, catch up on the news, write your resume, or tap into our online Databases and our Recommended Websites. The virtual branch of the New Brunswick Public Library Service, Electronic Library New Brunswick, is available 24 hours a day for eBook and audiobook downloads.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
- Our accessible facilities include study rooms and multipurpose rooms with internet access. You can rent these rooms to hold meetings for a small fee.
- We have 14 public access computers with black and white printers.
- We provide a fax service as well as photocopying services in colour or black and white for a small fee.
- The heritage room offers a significant collection of newspapers and genealogical documents, as well as 3 microfilm readers.
- An outdoor reading and recreation park is open during spring, summer and fall and is also available to the community for meetings and private parties for a reasonable price.
- You can ask to have your name added to a distribution list to receive lists of new books as well as information about activities taking place at the library. Just send us email request at email@example.com.
- You can also use our SelfCheck machine to borrow items quickly and confidentially.
- We first opened on January 22, 1972, and moved into the Notre-Dame du Sacré-Coeur church on March 7, 2000. Modern in style and triangular in shape, the building was designed by architect, artist, and author Roméo Savoie in 1966-1967. The steeple is still in place, a proud reminder of the building's former mission.
- The Resource Centre for the region, the library is an important place in the community, and staff play an important role for all of the libraries in the Haut-Saint-Jean Library Region.
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) and to Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities or associations of persons. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.