All public libraries and administrative offices will be closed on Friday April 7, 2023. Talking Books Service by Mail will also be suspended.
715 Priestman St.
Tel: 506 453-7100
Fax: 506 453-3958
Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Acting Library Director - Isabelle Agnew
There are 78 parking spaces. Four of them are reserved accessible spaces. These parking spaces are not metered.
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
We can help you with research for a special project, language learning and more. Get started by asking us a question, or by checking out our online tools.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
The library is located in the lower level of the Centre communautaire Sainte-Anne.
- Bibliothèque Dre Marguerite-Michaud is the only francophone public library in the provincial capital.
- We have gender-neutral washrooms.
Our Accessible Entrance:
- During school hours, patrons with accessibility needs can enter the community centre from the main entrance then take the elevator down to the library. This entrance is at ground level and has automatic door accessible push plates.
Other public libraries in the City of Fredericton:
For information on other public libraries in the City of Fredericton, please click on the link to the Fredericton Public Library or the Fredericton Public Library – Nashwaaksis.
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) and to Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities or associations of persons. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.