Monday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Acting Library Director - Julia Stewart
There is a large parking lot shared with the school. Five parking spaces are reserved accessible spaces. These parking spaces are not metered.
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
The library is located at the front entrance of the Nashwaaksis Middle School.
- We opened our doors to all members of the community in 1977.
Our Special Collections include:
- In partnership with City of Fredericton, we are happy to offer snowshoes for everyone in the family. Please call 460-2812 or 460-7200 to place your pair on hold today. Supplies and sizes are limited.
- The Sun Life Financial Musical Instrument Lending Library is the first of its kind in New Brunswick, and also the first in Atlantic Canada. With generous support from Sun Life Financial through their Making the Arts More Accessible™ program, Fredericton Public Library - Nashwaaksis is offering a collection of musical instruments. Guitars, ukuleles, violins, and keyboards are just a few of the types of instruments that can be borrowed for free with a New Brunswick Public Libraries card.
Our Accessible Entrance:
- The main entrance, which is at ground level, has an automatic door with accessible push plate and has a slight ramp to accommodate the edge of the door.
- We have gender-neutral washrooms.
Other public libraries in the City of Fredericton:
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) and to Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities or associations of persons. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.