Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Library Director - Julia Stewart
Regional Resource Librarian - Stephanie Furrow
Head of Young Adult and Adult Services - Erin Smith
Head of Children’s Services - Jessica Larocque
Acting Circulation Supervisor - Kim Bent
There are many city parking spaces that are metered, one of which is reserved accessible. Parking is free after 5pm and on Saturdays and Sundays. There is also parking on Carleton street that is free for 30 minutes and is accessible.
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
- We are the capital city’s main public library.
- We are the Resource Centre for York Region, providing support to the other libraries in the region.
- We have over 150,000 books, magazines, newspapers, documents, CDs, DVDs, and videos.
- Our modern, well-equipped computer lab is open to the public.
- We are one of the busiest public libraries in the province with over 700 visitors per day.
- We have gender-neutral washrooms.
- Room rentals are available – please contact us by telephone at 460-2812or by email for rental information.
Our Special Collections include:
- In partnership with City of Fredericton, we are happy to offer snowshoes for everyone in the family. Please call 460-2812 or 460-7200 to place your pair on hold today. Supplies and sizes are limited.
- A reference-archival collection
- The Sun Life Financial Musical Instrument Lending Library is the first of its kind in New Brunswick, and also the first in Atlantic Canada. With generous support from Sun Life Financial through their Making the Arts More Accessible™ program, Fredericton Public Library is offering a collection of musical instruments. Guitars, ukuleles, violins, and keyboards are just a few of the types of instruments that can be borrowed for free with a New Brunswick Public Libraries card.
- We opened in 1955, moved to our current location in 1975, underwent a major renovation in 1991 and completed another renovation and expansion project in 2014.
- We published The History of the Fredericton Public Library in 1994, which is available through our catalogue.
Our Accessible Entrances:
- Both entrances are at ground level and have automatic door accessible push plates.
Other public libraries in the City of Fredericton:
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) and to Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities or associations of persons. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.