24 King St.
Tel: 506 773-6274
Fax: 506 773-6963
I would like to receive library news via email.
Tuesday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Contactless Pickup ServiceContact the library for more details or to make arrangements.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Saturday: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Library Director - Jennifer Wilcox
There are 20 parking spaces. One of them is a reserved accessible space. These parking spaces are not metered.
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
We can help you with research for a special project, language learning and more. Get started by asking us a question, or by checking out our online tools.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
Our Special Collections include:
- Local history and genealogy collection
- Census on microfilm (1851 -1891)
- Vital Statistics and cemetery records
- Local newspapers on microfilm (1826 – present)
- Atlantic Book Collection
- We opened in 1975, and a new library was built in 1989.
Our Accessible Entrance:
- There is one accessible entrance, facing King Street, that has an automatic door with accessible push plate. The entrance is at ground level and there is a ramp from the parking lot to the sidewalk.
Other public libraries in the City of Miramichi:
For information on other public libraries in the City of Miramichi, please click on the link to the Newcastle Public Library or the Carrefour Beausoleil Library.
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) and to Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities or associations of persons. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.