Frequently Asked Questions
|I work as a doctor, can I be a candidate as a Regional Health Authority Board Member?|
Q. I work as a doctor, can I be a candidate as a Regional Health Authority Board Member?
A. No. The following persons are not eligible to be a candidate for any Regional Health Authority election:
- an employee of a regional health authority;
- a person who has privileges with a regional health authority;
- an employee with the Department of Health;
- a member of the Legislative Assembly, the House of Commons of Canada or the Senate;
- a director, officer or employee of Ambulance New Brunswick Inc.;
- an employee, the chief executive officer or a member of the New Brunswick Health Council;
- a director or employee of Service New Brunswick;
- a judge of the Court of Appeal, The Court of Queen’s Bench of New Brunswick or the Provincial Court;
- an election officer; and
- a person who is disqualified from voting under a law relating to the disqualification of electors for corrupt or illegal practices.