The following is a list of questions that you may wish to discuss with your surgeon.
- How necessary and how urgent is the surgery?
- What are the risks of having surgery?
- Are there any other treatments available for my condition other than surgery?
- Is there evidence my condition will worsen while I wait?
- What should I do if my condition changes while I am waiting for surgery?
- How can I arrange to be contacted on short notice if a cancellation occurs?
- What should I do if I change my mind about having the surgery, if I need to re-schedule, or if my condition improves and I no longer need surgery?