Heritage Branch, Province of New Brunswick

Heritage

Home | Franšais


Historic Places

Provincial Historic Sites

Hampton Gaol
Hampton, Kings County

Constructed in c.1870;
Designated Protected in 1976

When Hampton become the new shiretown in 1870, replacing Kingston, materials from the old gaol were used in constructing this mansard-roofed building.
 
More Images

Fort LaTour
Saint John, St. John County

Constructed in c.1631;
Designated Protected in 1976

Dating from 1631 as a European site representing both French and British regimes, Fort LaTour is also a pre-contact native site.
 

Old Carleton County Court House
Upper Woodstock, Carleton County

Constructed in 1833;
Designated Protected in 1977

This 1833 Courthouse in the Classical tradition has been painstakingly restored to become one of the premier non-provincially operated historic sites in the province.
 
More Images

Ministers Island
nr. St. Andrews, Charlotte County

Designated Protected in 1977

Both the shell midden on Ministers Island and the Van Horne summer estate are designated sites; an important archaeological and historical resource.

Related Link : Minister's Island, St. Andrews, N.B.

 
More Images

Charlotte County Gaol
St. Andrews, Charlotte County

Constructed in 1831;
Designated Protected in 1977

This is one of the province's oldest surviving gaols, having been built in 1831.
 
More Images


Search Heritage Places :





Department of Wellness, Culture and Sport
E-Mail | Contacts | Disclaimer | Privacy Statement