Annual Opening Hours
Tuesday: 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Activities and events
Summer Reading Club Funtime
Thursday, June 28, 2018 till Thursday, August 16, 2018 3:30  p.m. - 4:30  p.m.
This is a program for children 5+ and their caregivers. We will share stories, crafts, songs, science experiments, games, and so much more to support language learning and fun!
Friday, June 29, 2018 till Friday, August 31, 2018 10:30  a.m. - 11:30  a.m.
Storytime is a program for children 3-5 and their caregivers. We will share stories, songs and activities to support language learning and fun!
Care and Share
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 till Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:00  p.m. - 3:00  p.m.
Care and Share is a free healing and fitness program designed for women recently diagnosed with or going through cancer as well as survivors.
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 till Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:00  p.m. - 7:00  p.m.
Team STEAM is a chance for kids 6 and up to get their hands dirty while learning about science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
Science Saturdays with Brilliant Labs
Saturday, July 7, 2018 till Saturday, August 18, 2018 2:00  p.m. - 3:30  p.m.
As part of the 2018 Summer Reading Club we've partnered with Brilliant Labs to bring you SCIENCE SATURDAYS! For children ages 6+ and their caregivers, this will be a chance to experiment, explore and try out new technology.
Library Director - Dana Horrocks
Large parking area
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
There’s more to a library than books! We have activities for everyone. Use our public computers to surf the net, catch up on the news, write your resume, or tap into our online Databases and our Recommended Websites. The virtual branch of the New Brunswick Public Library Service, Electronic Library New Brunswick, is available 24 hours a day for eBook and audiobook downloads.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
- Relax by our large windows and enjoy the spectacular views of the Miramichi River and surrounding area.
Our Special Collections include:
- A reference archival collection, including Canadiana
- A collection of the Miramichi Historical Society
- Books that belonged to Sir Max Aitken, Lord Beaverbrook and members of his family
- Antique maps and genealogical material
- In 1953, Lord Beaverbrook donated his boyhood home to the community to house a library. The Old Manse Library operated at this first location until 1992.
- We joined the York Library Region in 1989.
- Our new library building opened in 1992, adjacent to the Miramichi River.
Other public libraries in the City of Miramichi:
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) & Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.