Annual Opening Hours
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Activities and events
Artisan Summer Market
Friday, June 1, 2018 till Friday, August 31, 2018 during library open hours
Artisan Summer Market - June - September
Saturday Morning Dance Party
Saturday, July 28, 2018 10:30  a.m. - 11:30  a.m.
Saturday Morning Dance Party - July 28th 10:30 am
Book Launch - August 2nd 6:30 pm
Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:30  p.m. - 7:30  p.m.
Book Launch - The Life of Heber Hatfield from Potatoes to Politics
Library Manager - Jean Haywood
One parking space available for persons with severe mobility problems. The library is wheelchair accessible.
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
There’s more to a library than books! We have activities for everyone. Use our public computers to surf the net, catch up on the news, write your resume, or tap into our online Databases and our Recommended Websites. The virtual branch of the New Brunswick Public Library Service, Electronic Library New Brunswick, is available 24 hours a day for eBook and audiobook downloads.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
- The Dr. Walter Chestnut Library is a unique place to visit. Built in 1912 as a federal post office, it still has its historical features; dome shaped windows and a beautiful staircase. The view from the upper level is worth the climb since you can view both bridges from this area.
- All three levels have been renovated for use in today's library, as well as the clock tower that chimes the hour and occasionally, music. Two floors feature an adult and children's library while a third level boasts an art gallery and historical room.
Our special collections:
- The historical room holds an excellent collection of historical and genealogical materials.
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) & Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.