New Brunswick Public Libraries
Electronic Library New Brunswick
Downloads and eBooks
There are several places where you can browse downloadable digital collections - anytime, anywhere. You can also search for specific titles or authors using the New Brunswick Public Libraries Catalogue.
- Check out eBooks and audiobooks using your library card. Download them to your PC, Mac®, eReader or mobile device.
- The service is bilingual but the content available for download is mostly in English.
- You will need to install the OverDrive app in order to download titles on your mobile device.
- Consult our guides below for information and instruction concerning many devices that are compatible with OverDrive.
- Check out eBooks using your library card. Download them to your PC, Mac®, eReader or mobile device.
- The service is only available in French and all content is in French.
- If you are using an Apple device such as an iPhone or an iPad, we recommend that you download your eBooks using Safari (the default browser).
- If you are using an Android device, such as those manufactured by Samsung, we recommend that you download your eBooks using Google Chrome rather than the default browser.
- In order to read the eBooks you have downloaded, we recommend the Bluefire application for your mobile devices and Adobe Digital Editions for your computer.
- French language guides with information and instructions concerning many compatible devices can be accessed directly from pretnumerique.ca. We have also prepared an English language Quick Reference Guide.
- Register with CELA (Centre for Equitable Library Access) to access English and French digital narrated audio, digital text-to-speech, and e-braille. For more information, visit the CELA website or contact your local public library.
Guides for Devices (OverDrive)
Other Online Resources
- Our Electronic Resources are databases that cover a number of subjects such as current events, health, language learning, career development and even auto and small engine repair. You also can find online periodicals here. A library card is required to access the electronic resources.