Annual Opening Hours
Tuesday: 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Activities and events
Ignite Your Motivation
Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:00  p.m. - 8:00  p.m.
Join guest presenter Jill Whitehouse, Health Coach for Western Valley for a presentation on motivation.
Friday, May 25, 2018 10:30  a.m. - 11:30  a.m.
Children are invited to an action-packed Story Time! Please click on the title for more information or call the library at 392-5294
Babies in the Library
Saturday, May 26, 2018 10:00  a.m. - 10:30  a.m.
A fun-filled half hour of interactive stories, songs and rhymes for babies, newborn -18 months, and a parent or guardian. Saturdays at 10:00am from May 5th to 26th. Click on the title or phone the library at 392-5294 for more information.
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 2:00  p.m. - 4:00  p.m.
School aged children are invited to a drop-in activity focused on science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics.
British Home Children: A Hidden History
Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:00  p.m. - 7:45  p.m.
The library genealogy club welcomes guest presenter Norma Cook for a presentation on British Home Children.
Library Manager - Julie Craig
Approximately 18 spaces, of which 1 space is reserved for persons with severe mobility problems. There are 6 parking spaces in front of the library and 12 spaces in the parking lot across the street.
About the Library:
Get your choice of the best books, magazines, newspapers, CDs or DVDs. We’ve got something for all ages! Search our collection thanks to our provincial catalogue. Find answers to your questions with the latest information.
There’s more to a library than books! We have activities for everyone. Use our public computers to surf the net, catch up on the news, write your resume, or tap into our online Databases and our Recommended Websites. The virtual branch of the New Brunswick Public Library Service, Electronic Library New Brunswick, is available 24 hours a day for eBook and audiobook downloads.
Ask for what you want to read. Just because something isn’t on your local library’s shelves doesn’t mean you can’t read it! Stop by, place a hold in our online catalogue, or give us a call to request an item and we’ll deliver it to the most convenient library for you.
Drop in... you’ll feel right at home!
- Our library is situated at the heart of downtown Florenceville!
- Our library is fully accessible to persons with severe mobility problems.
- Our downstairs neighbor, the Andrew and Laura McCain Art Gallery, is a non-commercial, public art gallery. The gallery features work by pre-eminent New Brunswick artists as well as local artists and artisans. Exhibits range from contemporary to work of historical significance, fine craft to folk. Admission is free and the gallery hosts events, guest speakers, and innovative and educational workshops throughout the year.
- We opened our doors to all members of the community on April 14, 1984.
- The library building was a gift from the McCain Foundation to the Village of Florenceville.
- Laura McCain, affectionately known as “Mrs. A.D.” was the head of the Florenceville Library Association, and her work with the Florenceville Women’s Institute lead to the establishment of the first public library in Florenceville in 1970.
Accessible Collections & Services
The library offers :
- Audiobooks on CD & Playaway
- Large print books
- Described videos
- Braille and print/Braille
- DAISY CDs (Talking Books)
- E-text, E-audio, E-braille
- Access to the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) & Bookshare
- Access to the Service québécois du livre adapté (SQLA) (French only)
- Adaptive Computer Workstations and CCTV Units
In New Brunswick, public libraries exist as part of a partnership between the provincial government and participating municipalities. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of the:
We would also like to acknowledge donations made by local community organizations and businesses. We thank you for your support.